- What We Do
- Get Involved
Assembly 2016 Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to Saskatoon?
WestJet and Air Canada offer flights to Saskatoon from major cities around the country. In early spring there are often seat sales for both airlines; please check with them for details.
When booking flights to Saskatoon, please use the following promotional and coupon codes.
Via Rail offers trains to Saskatoon from around the country. See www.viarail.ca or call 1-888-842-7245 for more details.
Greyhound bus lines offer multiple departure times from most Canadian cities to Saskatoon. For more information, see www.greyhound.ca or call 1-800-661-8747.
How do I book a hotel room?
We have made special arrangements with three hotels in Saskatoon.
- To book a room at the Holiday Inn Saskatoon Downtown, go to Holiday Inn. If you choose to book over the phone (306-986-5000 or 1-800-HOLIDAY), be sure to reference the code MCD to receive the special group rate.
- To book a room at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Saskatoon, go to Holdiay Inn Express. Call 306-384-8844 or 1-800-HOLIDAY to book over the phone; make sure to reference the code MCC to receive the special group rate.
- To book a room at the Delta Bessborough, go to Delta Bessborough to access the special group rate.
How do I rent a car in Saskatoon?
To rent a car in Saskatoon and access our special Mennonite Church Canada group discount, go to Enterprise.
What do I bring with me to Assembly?
You should bring…
- Reusable water bottle and/or travel mug
- Sunscreen, hat, insect repellant, and walking shoes for outdoor tours
- The Assembly Report Book and Discernment Guide (available here approximately six weeks prior to Assembly)
Youth packing list to come.
Preparing for Assembly?
- Read through all Assembly documents, including the Report Book, which includes the Discernment Guide. Reading these documents will equip you to fully participate in the discussions that will be happening at Assembly.
- Assembly moderators and facilitators will reference these documents at the assembly, so bring them with you.
- If you will be attending Assembly as a delegate, it’s important that you meet with your church beforehand to discuss how you will represent your congregation at decision making times.
- The Report Book and Discernment Guide will be available here approximately six weeks prior to Assembly.